Thursday, July 12, 2007

budapest and home!

I am home! We flew into Boston last night and Ryan and Jeff met us at the airport. Our last 2 days in Budapest were great. Emily and I were absolutely exhausted but we kept pushing and saw everything on the tourists maps and then some. We basically did one day in Buda and one in Pest - saw the parlament building, 2 castles, the 2nd largest synagogue in the world, the opera house, a few churches and did a boat tour on our last night. There were some shopping areas and the city was pretty easy to navigate (we had transportation passes so we took the tram, bus and metro everywhere). We had a nice meal at Menza which was supposed to be an old communist cafeteria but was more of an upscale cafe but it was still good. I would definitely want to come back to Budapest...to try it again when I wasn't so tired. Anyway, Emily and I made it home just fine after a flight from budapest to london, london to reykjavic, and reykjavic to boston. All those flights and trains during the trip - no delays, nothing missed. I had a great experience and now I hope to get some rest and do some laundry.

No comments: